Revierw: The Sittaford Mystery - Agatha Christie



Title The Sittaford Mystery (The Murder at Hazelmoor)
Author Agatha Christie
Pages 308
Year 1931
Reading Time 3 days (March 2010)
Rating 6 out of 10

This is so far Agatha's worst book in my opinion. books Agatha wrote.
The plot is simple... In a remote house in the middle of Dartmoor, six characters around a small round table for a season of spiritism. Tension rises as the spirits spell out a chilling message: 'Captain Trevelyan...dead...murder'. They all thing that is a joke but one of the characters go into the village to check on the captain unfortunately, his home is six miles away and, with snow drifts blocking the roads, someone will have to make the journey on foot only to find him dead.
In this book we find no usual characters and I think for what I read those books with miss marple or poirot are not as good.
In this novel she also incorporates the supernatural for the first time in a full-lenght novel.
I think it was very hard to discover the assassin because of the few hints. I would like to know if someone did it because they are true detectives. The story itself was not that good in my opinion. But this book won't keep me from reading Agatha Christie novels.

Comments