Review Cycle of Hatred - Keith R DeCandido



Book Cycle of Hatred
Author Keith DeCandido
Pages 238
Year 2006
Reading time 9 days (July)
Rating 6 / 10

The Burning Legion has been defeated, and eastern regions of Kalimdor are now shared by two nations: the orcs of Durotar, led by their noble Warchief, Thrall; and the humans of Theramore, led by one of the most powerful mages alive -- Lady Jaina Proudmoore.

But the tentative peace between orcs and humans is suddenly crumbling. Random attacks against Durotar's holdings suggest that the humans have renewed their aggression toward the orcs. Now Jaina and Thrall must avert disaster before old hatreds are rekindled -- and Kalimdor is plunged into another devastating war.

This was the second book I read in the Warcraft Universe. The first being Arthas and it was a pleasent novel so I grabed this one because of Jaina Proudmoore. I wanted to know more of her. I was dissapointed it. Well DeCandido doesn't understand that much the warcraft universe. I've checked and he has written a dozen novels for a dozen different universe spanning Starcraft, Warcraft, Star Trek, Young Hercules, Resident Evil, Command and Conquer, Serenity, Buffy, Spider-Man and many others. I think the only book he has written by himself was Dragon Precinct. But this doesn't go without merit. He has written more than 40 novels. And if still does it it's because people find him good. So...

What I thought? Very well... Thrall and Jaina are not that well portrayed. No character in this novel was. One think that upsets me is that this novel has no new lore. I am an avid reader of Black Library books and Forgotten Realms book. I expect not only a good novel but something new... some new fluff... some new insight. This novel didn't had any. The plot is this: Someone is threating the orcs and human alliance and Jaina and Thrall can't understand who. After some investigation and with help of some old old wizard they find out and stop the bloodshed. Nice isn't it? I couldn't understand this novel... The orcs are woman haters and human females threat the man's part as weak and corrupted with tendencies to be lazy. It was awful.

If a man hates a women is he mysoginist? And the other way around? Well... I didn't enjoy the book for all it's faults. Can I continue to read some Warcraft novels? Let us see...

Comments