Review: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Year One

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Year One Injustice: Gods Among Us - Year One by Tom Taylor
My rating: 9 of 10 stars

This is one of the best graphic novels I have ever read. This is a question superman asks, not once or twice but a lot of times. What would he do if he wasn't so bound by his principles. He is the man of steel. He could rule the world and knowing he is a True Good how can that be wrong? This book just answers that.

This is alternate history of Superman and how life would be different if he could do anything to save the world. With the help of wonderwoman, flash and other justice league heroes he tries just that. Batman, Catwoman or Arrow are against him.

I think this were done in a way that none hero was invisioned differently from what DC do to them. I think superman is the key here. No doubt about it. And this begs a question. For the sake of peace would you sacrifice a bit of your freedom?

Advisable to anyone who enjoys the heroes I told before.
It's quite easy read with 36 volumes with 20/30 pages each.

Now the drawings... there are only one writer but several artists. Some were quite good. But others were quite weak in my opinion. Neil Googe is probably the weakest. Nevertheless I really think this is one of my favourite graphic novels. Let us see what the second year bring.

View all my reviews

Comments