Review: Wool - Hugh Howey

Wool Wool by Hugh Howey
My rating: 6 of 10 stars

This short novella was a nice introducing to Wool series but I don't get the vibe other people got. Maybe I read too many apocalpytic fiction stories to be dazzled.

So the remnants of the human population lives in a Silo after some unknown event led them there. They've got some view to the outside world that needs to be clean from time to time. But anyone who goes there will die due to the radiation. So criminals are sent to the wastes, but before they must clean the window. If you are committed to death why waste time cleaning a window? That question was quite good and made me interested throughout the tale 'cause our main character dwells upon it a long time.

So, you've got several questions pending:
1) Why are people living in Silos?
2) Is it safe to dwell outside?
3) Are any more silos?
4) Why people clean the windows if they are sentence to death (this one was partially resolved).
5) Why the revolutions every twenty years and the purging

So far, I am interesting in reading the rest of the series.


View all my reviews