Book Review: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Light Novels, Vol. 1 by Fujino Omori

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Light Novels, Vol. 1 Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Light Novels, Vol. 1 by Fujino Ōmori
My rating: 7.5 of 10 stars

Well what a long title. After watching last month the anime I was interested in the light novels. With 8 out there in english and more in Japanese I try to read it so I could dwell more on that world.

I must say that this first book convert the first three episodes of the anime. Very very entertaining reading material. As almost alll light novels it's not literature and in my opinion is not even on the same level of 40K or Warhammer fantasy novels BUT they serve their purpose... giving us images and dwelling a bit farther on the world of Warhammer.

The novel is told in two perspectives. One Bell (which is told in the first perspective) and then some entrances from other characters (in the third perspective). It was very interesting to read about the leveling system, the world and the gods. There is also some information about other characters we only glimpse on the anime. I expected more BUT I was satisfied with the result. I read very quickly.

Unfortunately due to the original being in Japanese I can hardly say what is wrong with the pace, flow.... Is it problem with the translator OR the writer? We will never know... Nevertheless, try it if you like the anime OR if you want something light... (sorry for the pun).

View all my reviews

Comments