Anime: Spring 2017 (What am I watching) Recap
The ones I was eagearly waiting besides the sequels (Boko Academia, Attack on Titan, DanManchi: Sword Oratoria (spinoff), How to raise a boring Girlfriend and Nobunaga) were:
- Eromanga Sensei -I enjoy it.
- Clockwork Planet - Totally disappointment
- Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai - Disappointing as well
- Fukumenkei Noise - Interesting anime - I preferred Fuuka
Well now for my review... I am going to try to make individual reviews for each one...
My favorite anime this season, without a shadow of a doubt was
Tsuki Ga Kirei. A Masterpiece of romance and love. A masterpiece of serenity an example why anime is a force to be recon. 10/10.
- Clockwork Planet – This anime was one that I had some hopes to be good and turn out one of the worst of the season. A different world where everything is made of gears and clocks. 3/10
- Seikaisuru Kado (KADO: The Right Answer) – Ahh this anime gives us some very interesting existentialist philosophical questions about evolution and humanity itself. It was a good anime for the first 8/9 episodes but then the last episode really blow me off. I don't enjoy deus-ex-machina moments... 5/10
- Alice to Zouroku (Alice & Zoroku) – I couldn’t connect with it but basically a young woman is capable of making things with her mind and some other people too. She then meets Zouroku who tries to help and fit her in society. I must say I put this one on-hold. I am going to try to finish because it was not the worst anime of them all BUT it's not that appealing... ??/10
- Fukumenkei Noise – A girl as an obsession with a boy, from her teen days, joins a band to sing her heart out and reach for the boy. Unfortunally there is a rather strange love triangle. I would say the girl has deep mental problems because when anyone talks more seriously she disconnects from reality… My question is, who the heck loves a person who cannot even think about anything? There are rather famous jokes about dumb blonds – well she is not blond but sure is dumb. 6/10
- Quan Zhi Gao Shou (Full-Time Expert, The King's Avatar) – Chinese anime. A professional video-gamer is discharged from his post and finds himself as café manager. He then stars playing again, because he is obsessed lol Good anime, good action scenes, very good art and cgi elements. 8/10
- Eromanga-sensei – An incest anime. Yes that’s how I see it. Basically a young teen (16) is a professional light novel writer. He works with some artist. At the same time he takes care of his shut-in step-sister (12) who never leaves her room. He then discovers that his lewd-light-novel artist is her sister. We also get an harem of other female characters (all very under-age) who are all lewd. Oh, he loves his sister! Comedy & incest. I think this anime is quite hard for some people to “accept” it. 7/10
- Hinako Note – Dummy guide on how to do a theatre troupe. Chibi animation with some ecchi glimpses. Very similar with other dummy guides. Very interesting. 5/10
- Kabukibu! – Another dummy guide on how to do a Kabukibu (mix of theatre and dancing folklore Japanese thing) troupe. 6/10
- Sekai no Yami Zukan - 5m episode of terror stories… uhuhhhh 4/10
- Tsuki ga Kirei (as the moon, so beautiful) – Favourite anime of the season. A sea of tranquility about love. 10/10
- Sakura Quest – City vs country life. Slice of life. - Still ongoing for a another 12 episodes. I am enjoy it. 6/10
- Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend - (Season 2) – How to make a videogame and at the same time deal with a harem. Comedy at it’s best. Very entertaining. 7/10
- Tiger Mask W - With 38 episodes was the biggest of the lot spanning 3 seasons. I was very please with the all affair. I enjoy it. 7/10
- Gin no Guardian (The Silver Guardian) – A videogamer that must help a “real” girl by playing games. 4/10
- Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism (Armed Girl's Machiavellism) – a thug boy joins a school that is controlled by women with swords. He must earn 5 stamps to leave the school. Each episode is filled with sword fightning techniques, mid-ecchi and some romance. 7/10
- Renai Boukun (Love Tyrant) a normal boy finds himself with a female harem after a cupid puts him in her book of relationships. Fightning scenes and comedy involved. Low-Ecchi. 6/10
- Tsugumomo – A young boy gets a pet youkai and must battle other youkai. Major ecchi in the last episodes… 5/10
- Sakurada Reset – It seems a city in Japan people have some mysterious powers. How do they cope with it. It tries to be very mature anime dealing with super powers. It seems it’s very Boku No Hero Academia but it’s very different. Is it better? No. Still going for another 10 episodes or so 5/10
- Boku no Hero Academia (Season 2) – As the previous anime Sakurada Reset it deals with super powers. But in this case it’s everyone. This anime is filled with action and training this same abilities. We are talking about superman, spiderman, thor and so on in school learning their skills, battling one another and filled with comedy situations. The cartoon feels a lot like those Marvel/Dc Comics. Still ongoing 8/10
- Re:Creators – Ever wondered, where all the writers get their ideas from? Ever wondered where it all came? Well, in this anime our ideas (writers) make worlds come true. They are not in paper and in our minds – they are real and they are coming to our world to understand what’s happening… Stil Ongoing 6/10
- Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records – An fantasy world where magic exist and people learn it in schools. Battle scenes with some comedy and romance included.
- Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine (The Royal Tutor) – How to raise a nobleman? 6/10
- Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) (Season 2) – Action filled anime with some long monologues. Steampunk and Fantasy World 7/10
- What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? This anime surprise me. I really like it. It’s a fantasy anime like so many this season but the MC and the other characters really look real. They were in danger and not like in Grimoire of the Zero or Granblue Fantasy. With a romance scene that only came second to Tsuki ga Kirei this season. 8/10
- Granblue Fantasy The Animation – A generic fantasy anime that felt like they were doing some quests. Well it was based on a game so… Nothing good but also nothing really bad. Generic. 5/10
- Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho (Grimoire of the Zero) – Could have been one of the top three animes of the season but then it fell and fell… Major plotholes. Characters very un-interesting. 5/10
- Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoria – Well a spinoff of Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon and in this one we follow Miss Wallenstein. Every episode or so we get some glimpses of the original. Comparing the two I must say I prefer the original. Don’t care about Miss Wallenstein and her family. A lot of comedy like the first but this one is filled with Ecchi situations and some episodes are rather poor. Nevertheless I enjoy watch it. 8/10
- Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni… a 5m episodic anime about well nothing. It’s basically hentai. 2/10
- Warau Salesman New (Laughing Salesman) – One of my favourite animes of the season but comparing with my top it’s not even on the top 20. Each episode is divided in two stories. Each story deals with a different person and her problems and how the Salesman “helps” them. He do something from them and warning about something. When they cross the line he punish them. If you watch one episode you know the drill. It’s good but nothing spectacular. Wish there were some variety in it. 7/10
- Nobunaga no Shinobi: Ise Kanegasaki-hen (Season 2) a rather fiction-historical 5m anime about the life of Nobunaga. Ongoing
- Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai (Seven Mortal Sins) – A new way to learn about the fall of Lucifer and her (yes Lucifer is a her) battle against the Sins. Ecchi to an extreme that almost enters the world of hentai. There are two versions of it.