Thoughts XXXII: What makes something your "Favorite"?

I was wondering this after watching (binge watching is the correct term) Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. 

Is it a good anime? It's okay. Will be my favourite or 20 spot? Unless something happens - I don't think so. It's a solid 7. But then why I am binge watching when I rate 10 Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu and I cannot binge watch it. Steins Gate, Toradora or even Tsuka Ga Kirei were anime I rated 10 but I didn't binge watch them. I watch a couple of episodes at a time. So why this one I can "binge" and the others no? So what's my favourite?

It's really hard to understand this, would love your feedback but interesting or not, I made a top 20 list and Just because was not in top 20 or 30 for that matter but it's an anime I really liked (didn't enjoy the choice he made - it was very stupid one) and I am always looking forward for an anime that gives me that feeling... so far couldn't find one (although this season Bunny is really hitting that spot)

I am also watching really fast Cross Ange but then again is not an anime I would rate above 7. But it's engaging I think.

Another that made me watch in one go - it was the only one in all my years of consuming anime was Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Is it thhe best anime? Not in a hundred years. I gave it a 8 but could easily give 7. It will never be in my top list and it is one anime I will not advise to anyone unless it's very particular request.

So why did I watch it in one go? What makes it more "special"? I really can't understand why this happens in one show and not in another...

My only thought it's - when I am enjoying a show - like toradora per example if I watch it in one go It will not be as rewarding as savoring an ep per day or so. Do you understand? Do you feel that way? It's like I want to prolong that feeling I will never have again (or at least I find another top anime).

Comments