Thoughts XXXIII: Black library is going woke?

Black library is my favorite type of books. Ive read more than hundred and i have in ny house more than 600 books. Lately I've seen a trend ocurring. It seems GW and BL are getting pression to have female characters as main protagonists and also some instances of inclusivity.

I believe none of us care about the colour of one character or the other. The sex. Genieveve is probably one of the best vampires written in media and its from BL. Dark Angels are native american alike while catachan soldiers some are black. There are other references. But now.. Damn they are really going forward with female characters... First i notice was reading wanted: dead a necromunda tale of female gang that really hate all men. Then steel daemon another novella with a female cadian, warqueen and heart of winter and the last is bloodied rose 5 out of 10... I recently read cl werner cult of warmason. Then now coming out we've e got our martyrrd lady, cadian honour, honour bound, agents of the throne (almost all female) and both childrens book where our main and secundary are a black and a woman.. Dont get me wrong you want money. You need to include female to make then play and spend money so you are doing some female books. Apart from sonoritas what are doing next a female space marine?

Dont get me wrong. I dont mind women in books. I dont mind blacks or asians. What i dont like its forcing that because its required or because you want to appeal or because society nowadays says you must.

I really really hope you don't go woke and the broke.

Comments