Book Review: Terror Cell - Tim Curran

Year: 2016
Pages: 142
Reading Time: January 2022 (1 days)
Rating: 4 Stars

Tim Curran is one o my favorite horror writers. I've got 23 of his books, I missing 9 to complete all his publish books accordingly with fantasticfiction or wikipedia. Probably he has some more.
This one is a solo book published by Severed Press in 2018. One thing I can honestly say, a after reading 10 of his novels is that the latter books are worse than the older ones. all of my good ratings are books publish 2014 and before, only the Devil Next Door really stands in the last few years.

What is this novel about? Your guess is the same of mine. So you've got 3 police officers who are hailing a distress call in a mine and the eerie feeling starts just after a couple of pages. It made me read 70 pages in one go. I was really invested in Dew, Woody and Jerry. Then enter in chapter 7 Jay and Tanya - oh my god... the black chick and white (undercover supremacist) guy - basically you've got a black woman who his trying to get into his pants (not figurately (or is it)) trying to make him say he is a racist because he didn't enjoy Obama.

Let me say something - this argument is horrendous. If a guy is a idiot - he is a idiot - no matter his skin colour. So if I think a black guy is a idiot - I am not being racist - he is a idiot! oh well this back and forth about her and him was awful but he does something interesting here and I quote "Any time white people speak the truth they're racists and any time they stand up for their own cultural identity or take pride in who and what they are, minorities scream they are the KKK and nazis..." Pretty well said Tim Curran. I can applaud this.

So this isn't woke and maybe I have to step out from our nowadays events and this would be comic but Alas I cannot and therefore this is cringe to me..

Back to the review... in the story we go every chapter through a different character who is facing his worse fears (being that there is a real enemy down in the mines) and as we follow I expected more but nothing really happens and it ends in a chapter so rush that made me feel WTF? bah...

I cannot give this in good conscious higher than 4 - the Underdwelling is my least favourite and I have to say something: I believe Tim Curran writes better in longer fiction. Short fiction is hard to get people invested - unless you gonna go full scary or eerie ambience... I have more books from him and this hear I will read more

Comments