Review: Arthas - Rise of the Lich King - Christie Golden



Title Arthas - Rise of the Lich King
Author Christie Golden
Pages 391
Year 2009
Reading Time 3 days (June 2010)
Rating 8 out of 10

This was my first novel inside Warcraft. I have being an player of the game and I have all the books. But since the release of Warcraft III Arthas was my favourite character. When I discovered this book I bought it and read it straight away. It was a good reading. If this book had 600 pages instead of 400 it would be even better.

This book is the story of Arthas since his training to be a knight to his fall into the dark side. The love side story with Jaina was very nice and believeble. The fall and his quest to destroy the blight was a bit rushed; that's why I said that this book should have more 200 pages.
This character was inspired in Anakin Skywalker. There is no doubt about it. Maybe that's why I enjoyed the book so much.
There are some parts that Christie failed to explain per example... Where did the mercenaries come from when he destroyed the ships?
Some battles are almost as over as they began and I didn't enjoyed...
But overall it was an good tie-in fiction and it made me want to play Warcraft III all over again. Maybe I will...

Comments