Anime Review: Koutetsujou no Kabaneri (Spring 2016)

One of the first animes I've ever watch and glue me to the screen was Wit Studio's Seraph of the End or Owari no Seraph. Since then I've tried to watch most shows from them since they really excel in drama and action. Shingeki no Kyojin was the second one and afterwards was Koutetsujou no Kabaneri. All of them are really good anime with action scenes almost rival to none and drama that makes you sit and watch everything in one go. One of my favorite takes on romance was Koi wa Ameagari no You ni. So beautiful. Their art so unique and love story that really connected with me.



Look at the latest Attack on Titan and tell me a show with more drama. 

I've watch most of their stuff. In my list I Have to watch Hal (movie) & Shisha no Teikoku (movie); Hoozuki no Reitetsu (Tv show) and Mahoutsukai no Yome (Tv Show).

But let us return to Kabaneri. This is a show about zombies or Kabane storming the world and leaving humanity on the brink of extinction. There are only dozens of "cities" trying to survive. To travel between them we've got this armoured trains. 

The story begins as a city state being overrun and only a handful of survivors - surviving. Amidst that you've got Ikona who turns half kabane half human - Kabaneri. 

Most of the episodes is drama aka game of thrones and the other half is fighting scenes. Really interesting battles.  We learn more about Ikona and later on Mumei another young Kabaneri.

Is there flaws? Yeah... the way Ikona stopped from being a kabane. The festivities when food is so scarce. The black fog. Mumei being every time of dere there is. And the humans are always evil. No matter how desperate things are - human beings will screw a bit more.

If you enjoy action, zombies and a bit of horror (not much) then you've got your hands full. There are some weak spots I might say but it's good. If you enjoy Attack on Titan then you will probably enjoy this.

Comments