Book Review - Commissar (Andy Hoare) Black Library

 

After reading this novel in only 3 days I don't think this was a very solid read.

First of all it went the same way other Commissar novels go. We expect them to be brutal and here we have a character that thinks he is hard when he must but overall he didn't even had to execute anyone.

Most of characters besides Flint, Kohlz (which to me felt like Jurgen) and Vahn all other characters were poorly developed.

I thought this would give more insight on Vostroyan, Penal Facilities or even on Penal Legion and it gave nothing at all. The only thing I learn is that Vostroyan mentality reminds me of Chinese from the 3 Century or so. So, even if he is a criminal just because he is your more "important" cousin in hierarchy of your family you can't do anything? Bah

The all colonel stuff and history was smelled a thousand leagues away.
The ending was a bit fast and unfortunately I didn't get the all "the convicts that fought for you are going to fight under the commissar" in just one line or so. Bah...

All in all, not that good. Sorry. Both fifteen Hours and Deathworld are way bette
r.
 

Comments