Book Review: Songs of a Dead Dreamer (Thomas Ligotti)

 Maybe I am not erudite enough but I could not enjoy this more than I enjoy Teatro Grotesco or My Work is still not done.

This tales range for some terrifying to others that are conventional. One thing is for sure he sure can write eloquently.

The frolic was an interesting tale.. One of the most interesting things was that I didn't know what "Frolic" meant after all I am not a english native. So I search and learn and the


day after I am watching a TV series and there you go... the word frolic.

"Dream of Manikin" was very enjoyable to read although just for the title I discover the all story.
Another of my favourite were "The Nyctalops Trilogy". All stories different yet very interesting.

But the best one was something that was meant to be a thesis (?) but also work as a horror story entitled as "Notes on the Writing of Horror: A Story".

This is not the same level as Teatro but bear in mind that this was among the first stories he wrote so there's that.

Comments