October Horror Fest - 5/31 - Movie Review: Books of Blood (2020)


 Well this was a very interest intake on horror. I enjoy clive barker and it's novels. I've read some of the book of blood short stories so I eagerly sat and watch this. This is a compilation of  several stories interconnected. This is not like VHS where there is a tale and other not-connected are told (or even tales from the hood). These tales are all connected. There are multiple main characters each one with his /her tale and then they are all connected in some way.

It was very good. IT made me watch without pause and I really wanted to see the ending of each tale that was indeed very good. I won't dwell much but one tale it's about two gangsters who are trying to find the Book of Blood which they know it's highly value and unique. You've got a girl who his out of meds and is hearing and seeing things until she finds  a nice little hotel. This hotel is run by two very friendly people and you know what that means.

The third story is about a woman who has lost his son and his job (even before) is hellbent on discover frauds that deal with the supernatural - until she finds a young teen. 

I advise to watch the movie. BUT I Highly advise you to find and read all 6 books of blood.

Comments