Book Review: UR - Stephen King

UR UR by Stephen King
My rating: 6 of 10 stars

Very interesting novella. I heard it and the guy reading it was pretty good. Not a monotous note as other I've heard before.

This novella is about a Kindle that besides his normal function as a UR function, showing novels from alternative realities where authors didn't perish when they did as our earth. Besides that he also saw news from alternative realities some equal to ours but others quite different. (Interesting he gave the Democratic Party most of the wins in alternative reality as he is a democratic guy).

After seeing a new that his Now-Ex/Future-To-Be girlfriend was going to be killed along most of the female team he tried to thwart the plans. With the help of a student he makes a plan in motion.

The overall plot is quite simple and the main characters is quite developed.

Even if I didn't read the Dark Tower (so far) I was entertainted by the small references to it. The low men in yellow coat and the cataphrase... "Everyone serves the Tower".

My problems with the story?
I hate Kindles and other e-readers! I enjoy the discussion between our main character and a kid about the difference between e-readers vs paper books. Old School VS New School.

Argh!

View all my reviews

Comments