Book Review: The Last Ritual - S A Sidor

Author: S. A. Sidor

Book: Last Ritual
Year: 2020
Pages: 352
Part of Series: Arkham Horror
Reading Time: 20 February to 27 February 2021
Rating: 3

This was a disappointing.

I can't really phantom giving the novel 5 stars because this has little to no horror. It's a story about a guy going around and not doing anything at all. The main character is a bit flash out but most other characters are not. I had to stop and read other novels in-between because it was boring.

So supposedly something happening prior in Spain that was otherworldly and upsets him. He returns to Arkham and the things that happen in Spain are connected to the ones happening in Arkham but who is to blame or is behind.

There are interesting characters like our main protagonist woman friend who is a investigador - not a real one from the game - although that is the point I will take from this.

There are some characters from the boardgame - like Calvin whereas in the game he is black and not white like in the game. If whitewashing was a very bad thing to do, what can I say about POC washing? To each it's own. I don't fvking care the colour of a skin unless it's relevant for the story.

The ending, so, spoilers, they went through a gate to somewhere?

Where N'Kai was more action, this is more investigation focus. I don't usually love action over investigation and slow pace BUT in this case it didn't work for me.

I've bought the third one Mask of Silver so let us see.


Comments