TV Series Review: The Reason I Can't Find Love (2011)

 Well, here we go... That's a day of my life I will not return.

7.5 rating on MyDramaList and I think either people are hopeless romantics or idiots.

The story is the following; you've got 4 girls in different stages of life and ages that are trying to love.

Each one is dealing with different problems. Our main character is working on a company where she is well respected and his childhood's friend return from abroad. But he is marrying a young girl. Of course she loves him.

Then we've got a young teen who never really fell in love and falls for the wrong guys - twice.

You've got a older woman who is married but each live in their own house - odd.

And the last one is a girl who hasn't discover her place in working envirorment OR love.

So we've got this gals here, all searching for the same thing but in their wake, other people suffer, in other they are the ones to suffer. 

I know they are niponic therefore their culture is different. There is a lot of men taking advantages over woman, one of them even sleep with a guy so she can enter a job. But in the end, all characters really fell flat - except one.

The first one, for all 10 episodes wanted to date her best friend, dated for a while a guy who was a pearl of a person and destroyed his heart. In the end after, he even broken with his fiance (mutual) and declaring love for one another she basically said - fuck it. IF I follow you it will not be my dreams. I can understand the thinking of "maybe I love you or not" BUT here is done in a way that really fell as she was undecided teen. And although I understand I don't accept her being a nice character. Good for her for finding a good place BUT no.

The second woman, is the only one that really fall in love and I can respect her. She was young, was mistaken, people mistaken her so I can stand by her. Glad she found peace and love.

The third girl is the typical nowadays modern woman. Live for work and put love in second place, going so far as not wanting to live in the same house of her husband. But when the internal clock starts beating she suddenly wants her husband back... the husband has fallen for the fourth woman. So during the next episodes basically is the guy deciding if he should follow new love OR stay with his wife. He was never truly a bad person and really try to understand his way but in the end he hurts the fourth woman, the fourth woman in turn sleeps with a guy to get a job - so she is not without fault and the third woman as I said it's a person who sees the guy as a mean to have children.

Bah. I am disappointed... 

Comments