Movie Review: Hunting Souls (2022)

 I've been watching horror movies since - since I remember myself. I've now watch more than 1000 horror movies and it's my favourite genre.

What makes a bad movie? Well usually can be a combination of things, either the plot is boring, either the pace feels wrong, the monster is not that spooky and so on. There is also another that I really can't forgive and that's acting. This movie had two main characters and a child. There are other characters but they are mostly side and some only appear in one shot - like the medic or boss and so on.

So a house is being hunted by a astral being - probably some Lovecraftian monster that roams the astral planes - you know who I am speaking -the Dimensional Shambler.

The family is trying to work things out and so far so interesting but the acting is so cringe - first the young girl is feeling sick and they take her to hospital - WHY IS THE MOTHER IS THE FRONT SIT WHEN THE CHILD IS SICK IN THE BACKSIT? WTF?

Then the screaming in the hospital and the response from the nurse. Then odd stuff happens but the marriage couple don't speak AT ALL. a social worker had spoken with the mother and child and she didn't said anything to the husband? OH but I love you so much. Then the all stuff of nightmares and he hearing stuff but nobody talks. God forbid if they cooperate - because THEY LOVE SO MUCH ONE ANOTHER.

Then the ending.. Oh well.. Overall the story & plot it's okish but the acting is bad. 3/10

Comments