Book Review: Beware - Richard Lamyon

Author: Richard Laymon
Book: Beware
Year: 1985
Pages: 279
Part of Series: Solo
Reading Time: July 2022 (4 days)

Rating: 5 Stars 

Beware... Another Richard Laymon book that I read. This is basically one per month if I can keep this up. This is like the fifth novel he wrote under his own name and the eight between him and his pseudonyms. Here in contrast with the previous one I've read Night Show or Out are the Lights his more dark, splatterpunk, sex stuff his here BUT to be honest still contain.

Woods are Dark IS another league compare with all other novels I've read from him. This is pretty skippable.

Basically, as you can see from the cover there is a invisibility man and he terrorizing a place and Lacey a hot chick. This is the premises and the first 150 pages are pretty good to be honest. the last part I my interest started dwindling... so I will explain with a bit of spoilers but go to the end for more information...

WITH SPIOILERS

Basically as I said he is invisibility and do some killing and such. He rapes the woman and after some confrontation he is captured... the second part of the novel basically is this group with the invisibility men running from some spooky government agency who wants to use him from some specials ops... I must say this part is stupid and made no sense due to plot direction. So a guy rapes a woman and afterwards with the help of two other guys she jut accepts that he is there? Oh by the way, in the second part there is a story within story THAT saved that part or else I would have rated lower. Basically for a couple of chapters the invisible guy tells his story which was the best part of the entiry novel.

END SPOILERS

Again, rating Woods are Dark is top of splatter. This one is not bad but better than out are the lights. This is the beginning I HOPE for splatterpunk

I hope next novels are more dark, violent,,

Comments