Book Review: Dead Things - Stephen Blackmoore

Author: Stephen BlackMoore
Book: Dead Thing
Year: 213 
Pages: 295
Part of Series: 1st of 8 (so far)
Reading Time: July 2022 (7 days)
Rating: 8 Stars



Well, this read was unexpected to me since It was not on my reading plans which already were a bit big. But due to my reading sprint of July I read this one as well since it was short and I saw a lot of people enjoying back on discord.

It was a good urban grimdark story. In this tale we follow Eric which can speak with the dead and he does works for other people; sometimes dealing with a ghost, sometimes dealing with a live one.

When his sister dies he goes to his homeplace to try to figure it out. Some clues hinted from one side to the other and he must deal with all. AT the same time he is being help by people he knew 15 years ago.

Well, what I can say is that there is room to improvement on the Eric character. He is very nihilist and always do stuff with no regard on other people - even when he says that he is thinking of them. I will run away so I don't hurt you (while hurting).

Either way, I really enjoy it. Very fast paced, some interesting grasp on the world and santa muerta stuff. I do believe, since this is the first of 8 novels (so far) he will go great lenghts to see if he can find who killer his sister and a way to free himself from Santa Muerta.

f you enjoy this, please try Simon R Green - Nightside series. It's pretty cool as well, 12 book series and it's finish. I only read the first two but I can safely say it's not that gritty. Here we've got more gore and violence

Comments