Book Review: The Truce at Bakura - Kathy Tyers (Star Wars)

Year: 1994
Pages: 314
Reading Time: August 2022 (14 days)
Rating: 5 Stars

After some consideration I don't think this book worked for me. I was wondering between 2 or 3. IT's a solid 5 out of 10. But nothing really that blows you away. I didn't enjoy several things but I appreciate the effort of continuing the movie story. This book is set 1 day after the last 6 star wars movie.

THe emperor and Darth are dead but new threats emerge; in this case in a start system called Bakura. There is a contingency of imperial forces but they are unable to defend lonely with their forces stretched everywhere so the alliance under Leia, Solo & Luke goes forth to help and maybe start to join forces and make the imperial forces realize that there is no other way.

There are some interesting characters, no character development for Han, Leia founds herself in the presence of her father - which I didn't enjoy at all.

The actions scenes are not the strenght of the writer - boring to be honest. The plot goes forward and the only thing it shines is in the politics between the imperial, alliance and the planet govermenet - and the aliens.

The most upsetting to me was Leia & Darth... he asked for forgive and she say something ""I can forgive what you did to me, I can forgive the people you've killed, but I can't forgive what you did to Han." - that's absurd. Yeah Han suffered but compare with HER PLANET BEING DESTROYED! damn.. love is beautiful, blind and stupid.

IF you want to read everything, go right ahead. Don't need to know anything - just watch movie 6. Apart from this, if you are not thinking of reading evertyhing - then don't.

Comments