Movie Review: The Valdemar Legacy (2010) & Luz: The Flower of Evil (2019) October Horror Fest 2022 (11/31)

I've recently watch two spanish language movies that I didn't enjoy at all..

The first one  had some interesting premise and it is a story within a story and unfortunately I just found out there is a sequel and that makes sense because the first one is incompleted. There was a second movie called Valdemar Legacy - La Sombra Prohibida. It's a story of young woman who is trying to getting a value of an old house BUT stuff happens and she disappears. Afterwards a detective is sent to investigate (to this 30m have passed) and the remaining 1 hour is the story within a story as a woman tells the story of the house.. then the movie ends. I was disappointed. 2/10




The second deals with an isolated religious community as things go to shit. I don't understand all the IMBD reviews because they all gave it a 9 or 10 but then the average is 5 which makes zero sense.. One thing I will say it terms of cinematography is a good movie. BUT in terms of story I've seen way better and ti ended well poorly to be honest. It has some interesting concepts - very akin to the Village - but deals with god and devil and the loss of innocence. To be honest I coudn't connect with most characters, the three girls were cool, but then the all "jesus" redemption arc in the end was bad. Calling this horror - well maybe psychologic horror living in that community but apart from that... probably not the movie fault but rather mine - but one thing I say - don't trust IMDB reviews. They all say the same things 5/10


Comments