Book Review: Five Maidens on the Pentagram - J. Manfred Weichsel

What a fast paced book. I really enjoy it.
We follow two persons making some very sexy, over the top satanic rituals to bring back satan. Unfortunately one of them has a double personality (well a different character altogether) and that's what stuff goes bonkers since they have only a limited time to make all sacrifices.

Everything in this book is real Terry Pratchett's alike. From the way the characters talk to the action/pace it sure gave that vibes.

So what's cool about this?

First of all, don't take this a fantasy, horror or comedy because it's everything at the same time. Everything is wicked fun and I had some great fun on it. So why not 5 stars you ask? Well, to be honest and that's a personal opinion , well it does say "MY RATING" MY REVIEW" and you may disagree is that the ending was not that good to me. I expected something different and it was almost a deus ex-machina kind of moment and made me feel a bit cheated.

Some spoilers (very minor)
I am grim dark kind of person and I love books that point one way and then go another. this one from the beginning you know what would happen by the end. You know that the bad guys weren't going to win and the good guys were going to prevail Just after introducing the crazy naked chick I new our main protagonist would stay with her and so Diana would have to be out of the picture. I don't know why but I knew... et voila. And she was cured, and he was cured (how, why never really explained). I don't believe you can cure a person who has a mania by just saying... Hey you are a bonker... look that cult is a bit of a weirdo don't you think? and bang she is cured. I don't think stuff would happen like that. I hoped for a not evil ending BUT at least partial, something like the contract they made with satan turn out different because well he is a devil. I don't know...

Either way It was a fun ride. I will buy more from the author.

Comments