Book Review: Children of Dune by Frank Herbert

Children of Dune by Frank Herbert
Pages 407
Year 1976

Finally I am finish with this novel... it stook me two months and not like other novels it takes me this long but I stop reading for days, weeks. No, no, no. I kept reading a chapter a day or two.

I just couldn't get into it, and at times it was boring , but so boring it made me sleepy. The last hundred pages I read in one sitting since I Was awaiting a medical appointment and I brought the book on purpose to force myself to finish.

This novel continues the previous 2 and they are like a full length novel (a very big full length novel if you wish). Paul has disappeared and the people that stay now have to take care of the political power struggle. Everyone has their own agenda, Jessica, Alia and the twins. Then we've got new contenders like old Corrino people who sees as a chance to take back their throne.

4/10
To be honest, I think it's so heavily on politics and characterisation that there is almost to no action. The problem is that it's a bit confusing to be honest to see which is which. If you had to choose on main character, well you would got 2. The first is Alia and her descent into madness and second is Leto as he understands his purpose (or what he thinks its his purpose). Jessica is , well there.

My main problem was this plots going forward, and each one had one, or two, and counter plots and confusion that If you ask me, Stilgar or any other characters are in favor/against Leto, I would not know.

Interesting is that Frank Herbert had no qualms in destroying some characters you would thought - "those are the main characters of the series" and I have to give praise to that action.

I will continue the series, but book four probably only next year... 4/40

View all my reviews