Book Review: Cruel Angels Past Sundown by Hailey Piper

Cruel Angels Past Sundown Cruel Angels Past Sundown by Hailey Piper
My rating: 3.5/10
Pages 170
Year 2023

I've received the novel and read it on the following day. First of all I think this novels are very expensive for the material & pages they are printed on. They used to cost around 12€ but now you can only get it for over 16/17€. Last one had 100 pages. This one 170. At least the ones being released are a bit bigger. I know bigger doesn't make it right but I don't agree paying more for a novella length novel when the company receives the same money for a 300 pages like Triana's novels.

Then since I am complaining, let's me complain about the numbers the books had before on the spine and this two don't have. I know something happen with Death's Head Press since nowadays when I search it says dead sky publishing. Enfin it doesn't matter to me. What it matters is that the stuff changed.

Now for the novel it self. To be honest I didn't enjoy part of it. So from the start I couldn't connect with the characters. The main character Annette acted like a boring little girl. Gloria was really tough little character. In the beginning I was fearing for the characters being a horror splatterpunk novel but then the love appeared and I immediately thought, ok these two characters are not going to die and everything will be fine and alas...

These are histories set in America in the cowboy era (so around 1850/1890). At least all of them so far are. Then you take a notch, some part supernatural, some part fiction but there is some historic elements and such. Well I couldn't get the all love story. IT was weird as fuck. Thank the gods (view spoiler) died. So we could have a nice little love story.

Oh well... overall It was a weak story, with a cardboard Christian evil guy and boring characters that were more interesting in solving love stuff than to survive. At times it was confusing on what was happening.. enfin

View all my reviews

Comments