Book Review: Slugs by Shaun Hutson

Slugs Slugs by Shaun Hutson
My rating: 7 out of 10
Pages 208
Year 1982
Genre Horror
Read in August

Review to come. Very similar to rats by Herbert
I will not dwell much on it. You read Rats? This is the same but with slugs. So you've got this mutagenic string of normal slugs that is now hunting for prey, a bit big for them. So after they've procreated to the millions they invade the quite town of Merton. In this tale we follow City Health Inspector Brady plus half a dozen small part characters as they try to work stuff out. Most of the characters are a bit bland but Brady is well development. Some other characters, that basically die, are also well development as Mr Shaun gives them backstory for you to care but alas, will they live? Let's find out. There are a couple of death's, not as many as Rats but it was nicely done. Didn't enjoy the all bigger slugs controlling the smaller ones like some Tyranids from 40K but that's how the author work things out or else he would have a problem to solve. If there was not central control why wouldn't the slugs migrated fast to other places making more and becoming basically the dominant species?

I enjoy the ending and I didn't knew while I Was reading but it seems there is is a sequel which I will read in the near future. 7/10 

View all my reviews

Comments