Book Review: Curtain by Agatha Christie

Curtain Curtain by Agatha Christie
My rating: 8 of 10 stars
Pages : 283
Year : 1975
Genre : Mystery
Series : Last book on Poirot Series.

So this was the last one from Agatha Christie and Poirot. One of the first things that come to my mind is that this book was written back in 1940's when the world war was progressing and Christie didn't want Poirot & Mapple not have an ending so she wrote them both but only released near her own death. I think Poirot was released right before and Mapple afterwards.

Some spoilers
First of all, we understand , or come to realize several things, one; Christie either despised Poirot (I think that's hinted) or at least wanted to get rid of him. He is old and frail but his mind is sound and he knows a crime is going to be committed in house of Styles where everything started. There is a killer on the loose who has been guilty of at least 5 deaths. Not by himself directly but indirectly. A word here, an action there and so Poirot, on contrary of all other novels he will act as a judge and executioner. I don't know why Agatha Went this way. I can see people hating Poirot on this novel I enjoyed it.
Spoilers end

It was interesting to see again Hasting and how Poirot treat him and the relation between them.
It's a shame that everything is over now... I am not going to read the new novels being released under her name. But I Will read probably the remaining books of her.

View all my reviews

Comments