Book Review: Dead Eleven by Jimmy Juliano

Dead Eleven Dead Eleven by Jimmy Juliano
My rating: 7 of 10 stars
Pages : 439
Year :  2023
Genre :  Horror, Thriller
Series : solo

I've heard this novel via audiobook. First of all it looked cool. Then the story interested me. IT was a mystery island with some kind of horror element (Lovecraftian stuff). I was not disappointed, although I do feel the author could have focus more on the evil and to make us understand it, instead he focus more on the people which gave some hints and we as the readers would have to figure it out. Bear in mind that in terms of feeling, there is always an eerie sensation that something is afoot, what? Well just on the last , what 40 pages? you understand what this island is all about.
I am not saying that this is a bad book, it's not. IT's very good.

But there are things that I can't really explain, why the loop? The explanation is there but feels dumb down. Spoilers ahead, it's like you eat at noon and you will get hungry around 8 PM for supper, right? But If I keep delaying the time and you never get to 8 PM then you will never get hungry. What? Makes zero sense... Although the all stuff stuck in the 90's is pretty awesome.
Spoiler end..

I also enjoyed the interaction between characters and how the story is told. From the letters in the past, to the transcriptions to the conversations. It gave distinct voices. I will probably read from him.

7/10

View all my reviews

Comments