Book Review: The Social Media Murders by Jon Athan

The Social Media Murders The Social Media Murders by Jon Athan
My rating: 6 of 10 stars
Pages : 216
Year :  2017
Genre : Slasher Horror
Series : Solo


Not my favourite book by him but good nevertheless. This one is also a revenge story like the one I read early this year (Sympathy for the widow) but not as good.. First of all, in the first you could almost feel - palpatable, the hatred, the need for revenge. Here it was written the other way around. He started introducing the characters, people being killed and as the book progress we learn more of the death. It's a Scream kind of book. In the beginning there is no knowledge why everything is happening and later on we get glimpses of why. I thought that this being scream inspired, the killer would be one of the protagonists, could even be the a woman (usually they are always male). But alas, when we get to know what was the killer I was a bit "oh.. ok"

don't get me wrong. This is Jon Athan. He is a great storyteller. Probably not the best written novel, he lacks some finesse there BUT in terms of stories I've never read on of his books and said - oh this is crap. I can't say that for much authors. 6/10

Good, but if you want to start with his books go read the one I mentioned before. Next one without a doubt is going to be Blenders Babies :) 

View all my reviews

Comments