Winter 2018 - Thoughts After One Month
My favourite so far without any doubts is Koi wa Ameagari no You ni (Love is Like After the Rain). This is a tale about love between a girl of 17 and a man with 45. Very interesting take on romance - where something really happens (and I don't mean sex).
The second one I am really enjoying is Darling in the FranXX - a mecha / romance story. Many people compare it to Evangelion that's like saying that all crime series are the same.
Then there are others that I will continue to watch but serve a different purpose.
- Slice of Life/Peace of Mind - A place further than the Universe; Gakuen Babysitters; Hakumei to Mikochi and Yuru Camp and Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san are anime that give me a peace of mind - slice of life.
- Action - Death March, Killing Bites, Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens (and somehow) Beatless
- Comedy - Saiki Kusuo no Y-nan 2 is very funny and one of my favorites (first season). But unfortunately I didn't had the means to watch it so far.
- Lesbian Romance - Citrus focus on two cute girls in a lesbian love affair - good but every season we've got one of them.
- Overlord is another action isekai that I am watching. I loved the first season and was in my top ten until recently but this season so far it's pretty average.
Then there are other shows that I am watching but may or may not give up
- Mitsuboshi Colors is a Cute Girls doing Cute Things - although boring.
- Mira no Kaikata (How to keep a mummy) it's Cute Boys doing Cute Things but boring.
- Gancrest Senki is a action anime but so far the four episodes were very fast pace with little time to focus on the characters. With 24 episodes I can't really know where it's going.
- Ryuuou no Oshigoto is anime that focus on the same boardgame game like 3-Gatsu no Lion but mainly do it with comedy with some sexy-prohibited stuff as well.
- Toji no Miko is a action focus solely on girls. With 24 episodes I don't know where this is going because it's a bit boring in my opinion.
- Ito Junji: Collection is a collection of horror stories. Good but nothing worth mention. Each episode focus on one or two stories-
- Kokkoku started okay with a action series where time stopped and only a bunch of people live in that limbo. They have some powers and some strange beings inhabited. Unfortunately after a good first episode the rest just dragged.
- 25-sai no Joshikousei - Fan Service! or Hentai.
Still to watch to know if they are good
- Devilman Crybaby (many people say it's good)
- Gin no Guardian 2 Season - focus on a series I've watch the first and I watch the 1 episode but really was turn off
- Violet Evergarden - I want to see it in gulps with 4 or 5 episodes at a time.
- Mahoutsukai no Yome - The same as violet.
- Sanrio Danshi & Hakyuu Houshin Engi
- Let us see.
I dropped Hataraku Onii-san!; Micchiri Neko, Dame X Prince Anime Caravan; Marchen Marchen, Slow Start, Takunomi & Ramen Daisuki Koizumi San. (this last one I will try to watch the fourth episode but it's a bit boring and repetitive. I want to be her friend - she doesn't give a crap and go eat ramen.