Winter 2018 - Thoughts After One Month

After my initial thoughts (here) this season has some interesting anime but overall is not a great anime season.

My favourite so far without any doubts is Koi wa Ameagari no You ni (Love is Like After the Rain). This is a tale about love between a girl of 17 and a man with 45. Very interesting take on romance - where something really happens (and I don't mean sex).

The second one I am really enjoying is Darling in the FranXX - a mecha / romance story. Many people compare it to Evangelion that's like saying that all crime series are the same.

Then there are others that I will continue to watch but serve a different purpose.


  • Slice of Life/Peace of Mind - A place further than the Universe; Gakuen Babysitters; Hakumei to Mikochi and Yuru Camp and Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san are anime that give me a peace of mind - slice of life. 
  • Action -  Death March, Killing Bites, Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens (and somehow) Beatless 
  • Comedy - Saiki Kusuo no Y-nan 2 is very funny and one of my favorites (first season). But unfortunately I didn't had the means to watch it so far.
  • Lesbian Romance - Citrus focus on two cute girls in a lesbian love affair - good but every season we've got one of them. 
  • Overlord is another action isekai that I am watching. I loved the first season and was in my top ten until recently but this season so far it's pretty average.


Then there are other shows that I am watching but may or may not give up


  • Mitsuboshi Colors is a Cute Girls doing Cute Things - although boring.
  • Mira no Kaikata (How to keep a mummy) it's Cute Boys doing Cute Things but boring.
  • Gancrest Senki is a action anime but so far the four episodes were very fast pace with little time to focus on the characters. With 24 episodes I can't really know where it's going.
  • Ryuuou no Oshigoto is anime that focus on the same boardgame game like 3-Gatsu no Lion but mainly do it with comedy with some sexy-prohibited stuff as well. 
  • Toji no Miko is a action focus solely on girls. With 24 episodes I don't know where this is going because it's a bit boring in my opinion.
  • Ito Junji: Collection is a collection of horror stories. Good but nothing worth mention. Each episode focus on one or two stories-
  • Kokkoku started okay with a action series where time stopped and only a bunch of people live in that limbo. They have some powers and some strange beings inhabited. Unfortunately after a good first episode the rest just dragged.
  • 25-sai no Joshikousei - Fan Service! or Hentai.

Kokkoku 

Still to watch to know if they are good

  • Devilman Crybaby (many people say it's good)
  • Gin no Guardian 2 Season - focus on a series I've watch the first and I watch the 1 episode but really was turn off
  • Violet Evergarden - I want to see it in gulps with 4 or 5 episodes at a time.
  • Mahoutsukai no Yome - The same as violet.
  • Sanrio Danshi & Hakyuu Houshin Engi

 - Let us see.

I dropped Hataraku Onii-san!; Micchiri Neko, Dame X Prince Anime Caravan; Marchen Marchen, Slow Start, Takunomi & Ramen Daisuki Koizumi San. (this last one I will try to watch the fourth episode but it's a bit boring and repetitive. I want to be her friend - she doesn't give a crap and go eat ramen.

Comments