Thoughts XXXVIII - On reading trilogies and other non-solo books.

 Well,what I am trying to talk about it's one thing that troubled me since I started reading.

Basically I read a lot, not counting two or three years in the past 14 I've read more than 50 novels per year, two years well over 100. Reading trilogies or series always had me thinking, that I should not read them because I would have to read the next and the next and so on.

That's why I started with Gaunt Ghosts from BL and then didn't read the second. After 10 years I started yet again reading BUT there are so many I wanted to read that I can't seem to find the motivation to grab the second novel. If this continues in ten years I will have to reread.

Jack Campbell 6 books - I've read 4 of them. 2 in 2014 and 2 in 2016. I don't even remember much :\ but I will start now because I remember enjoying and I want to finish the series and start the next one from them.

Another I started was Michael Moorcock Elric that I read back in 2006 and I want to read them all yet again plus everything else he wrote :\ but to start that it's a big scary task.

The ones I fnish were dragonlance four books plus the follow up's (although they were read in a time I had only under 50 books so..) I am reading for over 14 years Drizzt and I am at half and missing more than 14 books. 

By biggest achievement was Malus Darkblade pentalogy. I read Fiends of the Eastern Front from Mr Bishop. One that I am fully follow up are Comissar Ciaphas Cain & Gotrek and Felix novels. I've been reading them for over 12 years now - but although they are continuous story each are independent and you won't miss much if you haven't read the previous.

In 2008
Start reading Old Man's War and even gave it a 9 but never got to read the other ones.
Start and Finish Star Pilot Grainger 5 novels
Started Nightside book 1, 2 (never read the rest)
Across the nightingale floor 1, 2 (never read the rest)

2009
Incarnations of Immortality I  (never read the rest)
Under the Eagle (simon scarrow) 
Start and finish Starcraft trilogy

2010
City of Saints and Madmen I
Start and finish Daemon Gates - Aaron Rosenberg
Vampire Hunter D 2010/2010/2010/2011/2013/2019 - 25 to go

2011
Percy Jackson & The Olympians I
Inquisition War I

You get the picture... :\
Any ideas, since most of them I enjoy them. Why can't I follow through?

Comments