FOMO - How is controlling my life - Advices appreciated

 If you don't know what FOMO is, I am not the best person to talk about it since I am not a psychologist ALTHOUGH to my knowledge is the Fear Of Missing Out.

How can it control my life?

Well basically we are inundated with pressure from life - normal one - like family, work , school etc and then we've got our hobbies and they are becoming chores instead of enjoyment... 

Have you ever felt that if you don't know X situation you feel lost? If you didn't watch that latest show or read that "special" book? After a while that you start doing stuff you don't even appreciate and not doing stuff you want. Losing time to facebook, tiktot, instagram , reddit etc...

This is a very brief and my understanding on what is FOMO - it may completely wrong BUT this un-named problem is plaguing me... 

How?

Let me explain; I don't have social media besides Reddit and Blog. And the Blog I don't really follow anyone. But reddit is a source of problem.

But my lack of enjoyment is being damaged for other stuff..

As you know I love reading but what you don't know is that I Have 5000 novels. Yes, I have more than 5000 novels which I have been amassing over the years




This is my overall books I bought and read.. as you can see I have over 4000 novels - probably more - I believe I am not counting everything I have  BUT alas, it's a good idea... This are purchased books not ebooks or audiobooks.

As you can see I read roughly 25%. IF I continuously read for 100 pages per day I will not be reading everything since I don't expect to live past 80 and my past prime will be gone... So I already divided my reading stuff for stuff I want to read and next wave.. 

My first goal is to diminish the purchase of books. Only buy some I feel essential ,or special editions. I recently purchase some LOTR novels I love among others special editions.... 


So what did I do what I am going to do...
In terms of books I will reduce the value/amount of books I am going to buy... maximum €100 per month.

Usually BL publish like two or three per month, so that's around 30€ the remaining will be to new releases and tries... I hope I can do it. I will let you know in 25/9 how I 've done it. 

How? I made a list of all books I want or going to be released and per month we're talking 2  at maximum...  Then I every month see if my favorite writers publish some more stuff.


Now how to read more and to get of my chest about the FOMO on movies, tv series and animes..
I've watch a lot of animes, like 1200 different series but my blacklog is around 950+. I will cut in half this.

I had around 200 movies, I've already cut this as well for 60 or so - 30 of them are for Oktober Horror Fest.

Netflix & Disney - I had 227 different series and titles to watch on both the app's - I cut them down. I now have 54. My goal is to cut down even more to 30 and then only add one if I remove another... With time I will be reducing even more...

In terms of series I am watching and such I don't have that many, sometimes I have like 10 series and 10 animes BUT I simply don't have time. So I am cutting down seasonal animes & going to cut series... Every type of series that I consider WOKE or garbage I Won't watch it. Per example LOTR War of the Ring I won't be watching because I dispise everything they are doing to JRR Tolkien memory and world. It's bsaically fan fiction at this point and I won't be watching. Boys tv series turn woke and I burn it....

So that's it for me for now...
Reduce watchlist material, watch more "important" stuff.
Reduce buying of books - read more books

Simple, no?

Yes the next NEW BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR is x,y, z but I must not fall into buying just because x tell. That's why I reduce the name of reddit channels and reduce from 120 channels on youtube to around 40. I will reduce more. Less temptations no?

FUCK FOMO!


Comments