Book Review: Ancient Images October Horror Fest 2023 (24/31)

Ancient Images Ancient Images by Ramsey Campbell
My rating: 2 of 10 stars
Pages : 299
Year : 1989
Genre : Horror (...)
Series : Solo

This is not the first or second book from Ramsey that I have not enjoyed. This author clearly is not for me. I've tried Scared Stiff which was not that good but since it mix genres that I usually don't enjoy I Thought that was it. Then I try The Doll Who Ate his Mother which I felt bland and boring with the first 130 pages of nothing. , Also To Wake the Dead. Both I didn't even finished. This one went the same way. Supposedly it was a good story. A woman is trying to find a movie her friend was also searching and dying/being killed due to it. So the vast majority of 150 pages or more is just going around to x and y person involved on that movie and getting something... It has some eeriness but the vast majority is just BORING! No Horror. Nada. I ended up phrases because I was so bored and wanted to get over after investing 200 pages. I am utterly disappointed. 2/10

I have more of his books AND it's strange that all books I have only one has a more decent rating on goodreads so probably it's not a situation it's not me it's you situation.
I got the influence, The namelesss, count of eleven, midnight sun, hungry moon and finally two with more decent rating cold print (lovecraftian stuff) and far away and never (sword and sorcery).

Oh my... I am truly aghast with this experience. I went without reading anything for 2 days!

View all my reviews

Comments