Best Books of 2023

 Here we are again, 2023 is now gone and I almost finishing my last book of the year. I've read 152 novels with 43067 pages. Pretty good, right? I know.

In terms of rating 

5 Stars - 27 Books

4 Stars - 68 Books

3 Stars - 33 Books

2 Stars - 17 Books

1 Stars - 9 Books


In terms of favourite books of the Year were; I Think this is the correct list. There are some books that should be here like Tombs by Junji Ito, or my reread of Trollslayer & Fellowship of the Ring. I won't add them here but If I had they would be 3 & 2 respectably. 


12. The Ravening Deep - Tim Pratt

11. The Exorcist -  William Peter Blatty

10. Scythe - Neal Shusterman

9. Nightmare at 20,000 Feet - Anthology

8. Raven's Cry - Ed MacDonald

7. State of Fear - Michael Chrichton

6. False Gods - Graham McNeill

5. Pet Sematary - Stephen King

4. Horus Rising - Dan Abnett

3. Alien Horrors - Tim Curran

2. Speaker for the Dead - Orson Scott Card

1. Toxic Love - Kristopher Triana


Interesting that I made a list in October and the books were a bit different in terms of positions... The beggist rise was Toxic Love and the biggest fall was exorcist. Don't know why.

I believe I made a review of all of them in my goodreads and I've been slowly adding them here.

Disappointing Reads
  1. The Fall of Chronopolis Barrington J Bayley
  2. The Overlords of War Gerald Klein
  3. Samhain Sorceries - Anthology
  4. Ancient Images - Ramsey Campbell
  5. Shadow Games Michael Reaves
  6. The Swarm Chris Pearson
  7. As the Curtain Falls Robert Chilson
  8. Poe: 19 New Tales inspired by Edgar Alan Poe Anthology
  9. Meddling Kids Edgar Cantero
  10. No Guilty of Bloodshed - John Baltisberger
Series Finished
Crossed - (Finished)
- Lost Level - Brian Keene (3 novels)
- Agatha Christie's Poirot (46 novels)
Last Chancers - Gav Thorpe (3 novels)
- The Drifting Classroom (3 Novels - Manga)

There are lot of ongoing series, my goal next year is to finish some of those as well.

Comments