Music Awards 2022 - FOR ME - Trha & Sadness

This year I found out that I am enjoying a lot one artist that have two bands. You don't know but I love music, black metal to be precise, since I was 15. I am now 42. I've heard everything and beyond. From pure black metal to COF and everything inbetween. At like 35 I started finding atmospheric black metal and my taste changed... And then last year I found Trha and his song Dolh from https://trha.bandcamp.com/album/lhum-jolhduc was my favorite music of the year having heard like a every night from one year... (not kidding)

I have Tinnitus and so at night I hear him to help me fell asleep - I kid you not. And then as he released more and more and heard everything but that music is till my favorite. Then I found Sadness and I knew there were some resembles but one day on metallum everything wen live and we knew it was the same person... So for reference;

Trha https://trha.bandcamp.com/

Sadness https://sadnessmusic.bandcamp.com/

He releases a lof cd's throughout this year and the last years and I bought them all. I don't have everything yet of Sadness but from Trha is instant-buy. I didn't even heard and it's I buy it.

And what is this?

Well this guy is a genious. No doubt about it. I am not saying that there aren't a couple of songs that ressonate with me - but almost everything do.

It picks me up, instead of making me feel sad. It gives me hope it gives me pleasure earing and since there are so many songs and styles it always felt a bit different. You've got emo screams, mix with black metal, with shoegaze, ambient , post rock ... If you hear per example

https://sadnessmusic.bandcamp.com/album/motionless-watching-you-2  is totally different from https://sadnessmusic.bandcamp.com/album/and-longing-are-the-endless-waves). If you didn't knew it could have been a different guy.

Is this level of eclectic stuff (is that a word?) that pulls me... 

TRHA in the other end the musics are more metal, noise, raw, screams and all in a language he invented and it's not like let me grab here some words and put a music. No, there are lyrics that goes two or three pages and even if most you don't know what they mean (he has shared some lyrics in english) you know there words are identyical from one place to another so it's this level. I Am not saying he is Tolkien. Tolkien worked with it, and study finish welsh and old stuff to make this language look phonetic and writing very similar. You can understand , not understadning that the words are an evolution and so on. Here is not that... At times I thought it was hungarian and probably he got references from several languages and mix match. Don't know...  But it's awesome to see this level of commitemend from someone who didn't stick with the easiest path and went beyond. He even created a youtube channel where he pronuciates some of the words. Very cool.

So my advise to you this year? From Sadness:

https://sadnessmusic.bandcamp.com/track/melancholie-und-die-hoffnung-des-horizonts This song is awesome and really interesting  journey of 21:20 minutes. Love it. It was written back in 2015 so he was what 17/18? Damn impressing.

From Trha ye got https://trha.bandcamp.com/track/s-trharhanlha or dolh

So perfect music... BUT To be honest choosing one song over dozen he wrote it's just awful. Start at the beginning and go down that rabbit hole. You will be amazed.

Next year I don't expect anything different...

Please continue to make great music.. I will keep buying. Wish I could have CD's to hear in my car.

Comments