Monday, October 05, 2026

Oktoborror Fest 02- The Last House (2026) - Movie

 

I watched the movie and I enjoyed. IT's a funny little family movie that deals with something unexplained. The story is simple, it started to rain and people inside the house could not leave, the water was "blocking" / "controlling" it. No matter what they did nothing worked. This was the same throughout the neighbourhood and soon the family had to arrange things to do , food to have as this prolonged for days, weeks months and years. The family soon invents a way to cultivate stuff and the husband finds a way to catch animals through the roof.
Not everything is good. In terms of character, well they lack emotions and the wife was a bit of... drag. She was always complaining and the way she treated her husband was just abhorred. She expected him to do everything and the way she felt entitled it's absurd.
The kids were good on this.

There are some inconsistencies and plot holes like okay we understand there is strange monsters out there, first why wait 5 years? They could have killed them before without issue and then just drop the act after ONE boy has a good intention? The idea behind this is that this "aliens" are not really aliens but beings from the planet that just want it back - I get a hint of something here regarding colonizers...

And then the ending, okay they are free now, only this family or everyone? Who knows...

The movie has some strange situations that made it boring, predictable and preachy BUT I will say it was entertaining.

- I mean why trying to kick down a door that opens inwards?

 ⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 10

No comments: