Monday, October 05, 2026

Oktoborror Fest 05 - Blood Flower (2022) - Movie

This is a 2022 Malasya movie. It's very interesting one. IT deals with the supernatural Islamic faith. If this was a catholic movie this would be the equivalent of book with a exorcist.  I am not verse on Islamic but from what I've know by watching Indonesia and other south Asia movies it mixes old folk from a time before the Islamic faith and current Islam. The mix is quite good and really gives some odd Tenebrae (is this a word) and encompasses the humidity odd forests/jungles. All of it combined really provides some interesting Folk Horror. This is not the first and won't be the last to watch.

There is a family which is basically are somekind of exorcists and the mother is killed in front of her children. The boy starts seeing strange stuff and being confronted with the paranormal, although he does not want it. He just wants to be a child. 

After releasing a demon it starts killing people and then a bunch of fast pace chase and exorcisms happen.

Not everything is good, the pace is kind off, sometimes too fast , sometimes too slow. I was interesting in the tale but everything was happening so fast I was a bit lost. And the action of some of characters just don't make sense. It's a okay movie to see but don't expect much.

There is no nudity.


👿👿👿👿👿

No comments: