Book Review: Vampire Hunter D Volume 06: Pilgrimage of the Sacred and the Profane - Hideyuki Kikuchi

 I don't know why I enjoy this series but I do. Unfortunately only twice I've managed to give a rating better than 3. This was not one of them. You've got D which is enigmatic as ever and he is travelling from one place to another while traversing a desert. Meanwhile they are joined by a old crone who is leading a young girl to her family after saving from some nobles. They are join by two mercenary brothers.

They've encountered several people along the way - all of them died.

With only 175 pages I think it felt longer like all other novels before it. The writing (the translating) at times felt a bit dense and as I said it felt longer novel. Since I don't read Japanese I don't know if it's the writing or the translator fault.

There are some information about D and what it means to be a Dhampir (half vampire, half human). I enjoyed that introduction. I will continue to read more novels from Vampire Hunter D. This don't detain me. If you have read the first five then you will like this one. Don't start here.

Comments