Book Review: Invocations - Anthology


I don't think this was the best short story compilation Black Library published. But some were really good.

David Annandale the Summon of Shadows is the most depressing of the bunch. Really grimdark pointless realization of a common life in 40K world. Then he wrote more two stories both attached to The house of Night and Chain. Interesting to read but not really outstanding.

Blood sacrifice by grimdark writer Peter McLean was the best overall. Unfortunately it connects to other stories and this was the "last" I think. I will have to read them all. I hope he writes a full length story in 40K (horror or not).

Steven Sheil - The Healer is another good piece of Sigmar world. to a person who doesn't know that much about that world some stories can be really disconnected but this one was very good. I cannot say the same for Richard Strachan story. Wish I knew more...

Supplication is a very good story as well.

Flesh and Blood & A Sending from the Grave were not to my liking as Stitches by Nick Kyme. The weakest in mind opinion was Lora's He Feasts Forever.

Overall, is solid intake. Not that spooky or horrorful (is this a word?) but good. Maledictions rating I think.

Comments