Year Recap 2020 - Some Objectives 2021

 Well... This the end of the year... So I've surpassed my goal of books read and next year I will try go to one per week - so 54 novels. Some will be audiobooks BUT let us hope not many. ~

Yeah, no eBooks, please.

Let us see what I read. Let us start with my favorite, of course;

  • Blood Money - CL Werner
  • Road of Skulls - Josh Reynolds
  • The Devil Next Door - Tim Curran
  • The Eye of the World - Robert Jordan
  • 13th Legion - Gav Thorpe
  • Spiderlight - Adrian Tchaikovsky
  • First and Only - Dan Abnett
As you can see most of all are from Black Library. One it's the first of 14 saga that will take me a while to read and other it's one of my favourite horror writers Tim Curran.

Some of the boring/bad ones...
  • Doctor Who: The Doctor's Tale - Marc Platt
  • Sepulturum - Nick Kyme
  • In the Belly of the Beast and Other Tales of Cthulhu Wars - Ben Monroe
  • Final Fantasy Type - Manga
  • Excavation - James Rollins
  • The Underwhelming - Tim Curran (a rare miss)
  • Whiteout - Ken Follet
  • The Oubliette - JC Sterns
This are the novels I didn't enjoy at all, and to me If I didn't read them it would be better but alas. Even the bad books sometimes teach you something.

Now particularities...
Average Page Book - 251 (But If remove audiobooks and Manga it rises to 298 (not that better haha)
Average Year of books - 2003   
  •     12 Black Library novels

Fantasy         8
Historical 1
Horror         18
Light Novel 1
Mystery     3
Sci-Fi         13
Thriller         2
Grand Total 46

Since 1950 I've read a book, one for each year. The only one missing it's 1952. Let us find one.
    
This is something I want to change a bit..... This is my New Year Resolution.
Buy less books. Much less books.
Each year I buy more than I read... Just to give you an example - I've bought 1696 books and I've read 602. It's beginning to be insupportable in terms of space, in terms of finances and to me that's going. My goal will be - buy at most 52.

Goals I want to buy and will buy or I am waiting
- Black Library books, paperbacks are a much... Let talk around half of the 52 will be them.~
  • The Mage-Fire War (Already Bought)
  • Spear of Malice (Already bought)
  • Gareth Hanrahan 3 novel (already bought)
  • Brandon Sanderson 
  • Matthew Ward 2 & 3 books
  • Joe Abercrombie 3 novel in the trilogy
  • David Hair 1st book of trilogy
  • Adrian Tchaikovsky

Maybe or IF
  • Mike Shackle  / Devin Madson / Brian Naslund / Jonathan French / Evan Winter / A J Smith /   John Gwynne / Steven Erikson / Ian C Esslemont / K J Parker /  Guy Gavriel Kay / Anna Smith Spark 
  • Litany of Dreams / The Last Ritual (Arkham Horror) 
  • The Beautiful Thing That Awaits Us All - If it's cheaper
  • Fairhaven Rising - If it's release this year
  • Dune Trilogy
  • Jack Campbell new series 5+3
Regarding boardgames I will also tone down and keep them to a minimum...
Waiting to receive - Already pay
  • Kingdom Death 3 Wave (4 Wave 2022?)
  • Solomon Kane -Q1 2021
  • Trudvang Chronicles Musphelheim -Q1 2021
  • Matchbox Collection - Q1 - 2021
  • Lawyer Up - Q1 - 2021
  • Elder Dice- Q1 - 2021
  • Carnival Zombie - Q2 2021 
  • Eternal Adversary - Q2 2021
  • Etherfields 2 Wave - (Q2 2021)
  • Oathsworm -Q2 - 2021
  • Dawn of Madness -Q2 - 2021
  • Frosthaven -Q2 - 2021
  • Veilwrath - Q2 - 2021
  • Trudvang Adventures 5E- Q2 - 2021
  • Spirits of Forest Moonlight  - Q2 - 2021
  • Nemesis Lockdown  - Q2 - 2021
  • Aeon Trespass Odyssey - Q2 2021 / Wave 2 -2022
  • Time of Legends 1.5 - Q3 - 2021
  • Stormsunder  - Q3 - 2021

  • Middara Trilogy - Q2 - 2022

- Missing Postages
  • Return of Planet Apocalpyse - Missing Postages
  • Paladin™ Card Protectors and Accessories: Season 5 - Missing Postages
  • Darkest Dungeon - Missing Postages
  • Knockdown - Missing Postages
  • Frostpunk - Missing Postages
  • Momiji - Missing Postages
There are two or three in line for next year. True be told I've bought some for my son and me, others are more for me... Let us see

Comments